1971 Buick Grand Sport GS Stage 1 Stratomist Blue Metallic "Class of 1971" "American Muscle 30th Anniversary" 1-18 Diecast Model Car by Autoworld
Save 0% Save %
Original price $134.95 - Original price $134.95
$134.95 - $134.95
Current price $134.95
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast car model of 1971 Buick Grand Sport GS Stage 1 Stratomist Blue Metallic "Class of 1971" "American Muscle 30th Anniversary" die cast model car by Autoworld.
- Limited edition.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- Has steerable wheels.
- Opening hood and doors.
- Officially licensed product.
- Accurate interior and chassis.
- Made of diecast with some plastic parts.
- Detailed interior, exterior and engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-10.75, W-4, H-3 inches.
- Many muscle cars of the late 1960s and early 1970s were stripped-down, no-nonsense versions of luxury models available elsewhere in their lineup. The 1971 Buick GS Stage 1 is the opposite. In 1971, Buick offered the most luxurious muscle cars in GM's wheelhouse. Only Cadillac offered more luxury, but they didn't build muscle cars.
- Based on the Skylark platform, the GS Stage 1 was fitted with the largest engine made by GM—the 455. Paired with a 4-barrel Rochester Quadrajet carburetor, it was rated at 360 bhp SAE gross at 4600 rpm and 510 lb-ft of torque at 2800 rpm. The Stage 1 option utilized larger valves and higher compression, a larger camshaft, aggressive ignition timing, a Turbo Hydra-matic 400 3-speed automatic or the manual Muncie M-22 rock-crusher transmission. Relatively rare, there were only 801 units produced of the 1971 Buick GS Stage 1 hardtop.